Our perspective about KUMDO.
KUMDO or GUMDO is a training of Korean style swordsmanship, appear as one of the many ways practiced by ancient warriors in Korea. KUMDO athlete also participate in KENDO Tournament worldwide.
Our system of training are divided into 3 system i.e.:-
1. HAIDONG GUMDO – Korean swordsmanship training.
2. CHEOSON GEUMDO – Korean sword combat training.
3. KUMDO SPORT – specific for sport tournaments.
In Malaysia we are led by Malaysia Kumdo Federation (MGF). MGF is in the process of registering the local association into World Haidong Gumdo Federation (WHKF) & other world standard KUMDO organisation i.e. to support and gain extra mileage together with the esteem international organisation.
We are organizing seminar under leadership of Grandmaster Jeong Seong Kim, World Chief Instructor of HAIDONG GUMDO.
Our establishments in the country is registered under Societies Act 1966 & Registration of Business Act 1956 P.1978.
Aside from encouraging Combative Sports in Malaysia, we support MMF in promoting Martial Arts in Malaysia. Other than our Specific Teaching Qualification, our Instructors are approved by PROMA (Federation of Professional Martial Arts Instructors Malaysia), Malaysia National Coaching Certification (Ministry of Youth & Sports Malaysia) & Malaysia Human Resources Ministry – NOSSS.
TECHNICALITIES OF KUMDO
Other than mastery of Korean sword, KUMDO athletes also participate actively in selected Kendo Tournament worldwide.
Juk Do, Mok Gum/ rubber sword are widely use in Kumdo training.
READ & UNDERSTAND THIS
In line with MMF direction, we are free from all kind of negativities, especially:-
On top of that, we prohibit the following profiling & related activities:-
We put the truth & respect above all – love – peace – freedom.
POSITIVE IMPROVEMENT IF YOU CONSISTENTLY LEARNING & TRAINING WITH US ARE:-
1. Ability to differentiate the right against the wrong.
2. Awareness towards managing sense of insecurity.
3. Proficiency to distinguish true against false.
4. New perspective & unique ways looking at life.
1. Gain self-control ability.
2. Improvement in decision making quality.
3. Progressive maturity of bravery spirits.
META PHYSICAL INTEGRATION
1. Intellectual competency.
2. Fitness specific tailored to combative skills.
3. Calmness in trouble shooting life issues.
1. Open your mind, explore the world via Martial Arts & Combative Sports.
2. Make friends, not enemy.
3. Leadership is Action.